Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Week 97: In which a woman comes out of hiding, I share my Easter candy, and General Conference blows my mind

5

(written 2 April 2018)

Hi everyone!

This has been a wonderful week. The two biggest miracles we've seen in the work have been our two new investigators! One of them is a young woman in a family we have been teaching. She has always hidden around the corner and listened to us in the past, but has never wanted to sit in on a lesson. She even has read the Book of Mormon a fair amount! This last Thursday, she finally accepted our invitation to come join the lesson. It was truly a miracle!

The other miracle has been a continuous one. There is an apartment complex in our area that has been tracted out many times. However, neither my companion nor I has actually knocked very much there. As we have knocked there this past week, it seems like every other door we find someone who is incredibly prepared! Just last night, we knocked on the door of a woman who had talked with missionaries before, and she had a lot of really amazing questions about why bad things happen to children, as well as how she can know what is true.

Roxana is doing really well! She is so prepared! The only thing she needs to figure out now is how to find a job that fits her needs (she has a small child who needs a lot of extra help than normal; he is having trouble learning to talk) so she can be financially independent of her boyfriend and live separately from him.

Love you!

Elder Adams

Questions from Editor Mom

¡Hola mi hijo! Espero que has gustado el paquete de las pascuas y que no tienes demasiado “junk”. Espero que puedes compartir muchos de los dulces. [Hello my son! I hope you liked the Easter package and that you do not have too much "junk". I hope you can share a lot of the candy.]Si, lo recibi! Gracias! Fue muy genial. Ya he compartido algunos dulces. Tambien espero que no lo coma en total demasiado pronto.  [Yes, I received it! Thank you! It was very cool I already shared some of the candy. I also hope I don't eat it all too quickly.]

How was conference?Conference was mind-blowing! It was incredible! I feel so spiritually refreshed, as always happens after Conference.

What messages most resonated with you? I remember specifically enjoying the talk about meekness. I feel like that was really good, and helped me understand the difference between meekness and humility, which is slight but present.

Where did you watch it? We watched it in the Moses Lake Stake Center.

How are your investigators? Roxana is doing really well! She is so prepared! The only thing she needs to figure out now is how to find a job that fits her needs (she has a small child who needs a lot of extra help than normal; he is having trouble learning to talk) so she can be financially independent of her boyfriend and live separately from him.

Do you feel totally fluent in Spanish now? Depends on what you mean. Yes, I do feel very fluent, but there is still a lot for me to learn.

Do you speak Spanish or English with your companion? - Mostly English, and a lot of the people we are around speak English. However, we do speak both quite regularly.

How are you seeking inspiration to know where to be and what to say to those you encounter?I try to be in-tune and listen to the Spirit, pray often for guidance, and follow the promptings no matter what it is. Often, it works out really well.

What’s your favorite scripture or thought from your readings this week?I don't know anything specific off the top of my head, but I have been inspired while reading the book of John. To be really honest, a lot of the things I've learned this last week were from my Patriarchal Blessing. I've been trying to read it more often.

Are your allergies under control? As of right now, they're not even posing an issue.

I love you too!

Elder Adams

Pictures

Hermana Birchell at a service project helping move Jackie Pacheco, one of the more recent converts they have been working with, into our area.


I took one of Elder Heaps' Heath bars and did this to it. I was very proud of myself.



Elder Kopp and I!


Saying goodbye to Elder Tapia :'-(



Our district last transfer:

    

No comments:

Post a Comment