Monday, April 9, 2018

Week 96: In which I think about miracles, we clean our apartment, and I learn who will kill me

6
(written 26 March 2018)

Dear everyone,


It has been yet another good week. Admittedly, it was largely dominated by our cleaning the Vintage apartment (long story), but it worked out in the end. Roxana has been doing extremely well, and has started making a lot more friends at church! She already knew one member, and knows Isauro (who just got baptized a week ago and confirmed yesterday), and is meeting many more friends! We're really excited for her. She is basically already a member, she just needs to 100% resolve the boyfriend situation, which she is actively working on. She's trying to find a new home and a job, and will go from there.


I also went on exchanges with Elder Memmott in his area this last Thursday (Not Friday like I said earlier). It was really good, and we visited several people, one of whom I am convinced was extremely high during the lesson. It was pretty funny, actually.

Honestly, nothing happened this week because the rest of the time we were cleaning. The details are in the other email. Sorry. I wish I could send more details, but there really aren't any.

Love,

Elder Adams

Questions from Editor Mom

So, I have a few obvious questions this week. First, what are you doing to celebrate Easter?President Lewis invited all of us to read the Gospel of John before Easter, and specifically to time it so we read the last chapter on Easter Morning. That's what I'm doing, anyway. It's pretty exciting! Other than that, we're not really doing anything.

Does your mission have any special policies about how to spend your time on Easter?Nope. It's pretty much just a normal day for us.

Second, how have transfers affected you and your district? Elder Ruesch is leaving to be a Zone Leader down in The Dalles. Actually, the Zone Leader area was combined with my old area, so he might be working with the same people I was! I'm super excited for him. Other than that, no one is being transferred. I'm stickin' around as District Leader, and Elder Kopp will be the one to "kill" me (be my last companion when I "die", or finish my mission). 

What are some cool insights into the scriptures that you've had recently?I'll try to remember. Gimme' a sec... Okay, in John 14 you find this:
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
On my mission, I have realized that miracles really are possible. I've been thinking about it, and I realized there is a self-defeating cycle that many of us get caught in. Very often, we tell ourselves that since we haven't done anything like move a mountain, we don't have enough faith. In a sense, that's true; however, if we keep telling ourselves we don't have the faith to do miracles, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy! If we tell ourselves we can't, we can't! That's how faith works! However, if something occurs to us, and we're feeling it is right (i.e. it's uplifting, we feel the spirit, etc.), we can just take a leap of faith and go for it!  

What unique experiences have you had this week?
 - We were cleaning the old apartment (the Vintage) so it could be inspected... all week long. It was awful. The English Elders who live with us didn't help for the bulk of it (mainly because one of them was in denial about moving, so intentionally avoided anything to do with cleaning or moving. It got us pretty ticked for a while. However, I went on exchanges with Elder Memmott , and Elder Ruesch ratted them out during the pre-inspection the mission did. THEN, they got calls from unhappy people in the mission office telling them to take care of the rest of the cleaning (this was Friday) and chewing them out for their lack of assistance. After that, they finished the rest. Hehehe. We still spent 40+hours cleaning this week, so pretty much nothing else happened.

About how many people do you think you have talked to on your mission? I have no idea. At least an average of 5-10 (so 8) a day, times the number of days I have. Somewhere over 3000, probably.

How's the new apartment? Have you given it a name?It's fine, but doesn't have a name yet. It's not nearly as nice as the Vintage, and the oven is terrible, and there is no washer/dryer. Aside from that, though, it's fine.

For that matter, have you lived in any apartments that have had names?I don't think so, no.

Have you named your car? Nope.

How's the weather? It's consistently around 50 during the day now, and warming up pretty quick.

When is your next zone conference?April 20

How about interviews? April 14, I think.

What is your favorite part of every day? I would have to say actually teaching people lessons, but I also like pretty much everything else.

Do you still have treats left from Christmas and/or Valentine's Day? (I do :-\.) I do as well :-/

Do you think you have walked down every street in Moses Lake?Not at all, not even close. First of all, we hardly go into the city itself, since our area is only the part north of Highway 17, north of the actual city. It's basically just the bad part of town. Also, there are so many roads way out in the boonies even in our area that there is no way I've walked down them all. I've driven or walked on probably every road in the Base and the Blacks (the two main parts of our area), though.


Hope you have a fun P-Day! - Thanks, I will! 

Love,

Elder Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment