Friday, March 16, 2018

Week 93: In which we make best friends, I resolve to be early, and I rank my areas

Another week...
(written 5 Mar 2018)

Dear Everyone,

This has been a really good week! Not a lot has been happening, except for some general changes in how efficient we've been. It has been a good week, with a record number of new investigators since I got here! We were really excited about that! We've started teaching a few more people. 3 of them are young women; we also have now met their mom and have a return appointment for tonight! Their mom is Edith, and their names are Adriana, Joana, and Liliana. It was actually kind of funny; a day after we met them and talked with them for the first time, we were walking not far from where they live, and they were walking on a nearby street. They saw us, and yelled out "hey, our best friends!" And came over to say hi. We taught about prayer. Now, when we right them down in our plans or talk about how to help their family, we just refer to them as "Best Friends". As it turns out, Edith, their mom, has an aunt who is a member of the church! Edith has even gone to our meetings before.

We also have a few other new investigators as well: one is the father of a family who goes to one of the many Christian (probably referring to evangelical) churches in the area. We also talked to two guys about our age, Carlos and Fransisco. They seem really nice, and we're excited to teach all of them.

Roxana is still doing really well. We've now broached the Law of Chastity with her boyfriend, Eladio, and her. They took it pretty well, actually! It might take them some time to figure it out, though. We're planning on teaching it fully in the coming week. Jessica doesn't have the Gospel as a really high priority, though, right now, so that's a bit of a challenge.

We're really happy for all of the new opportunities coming our way. Love you all!

Elder Adams

Questions from Editor Mom

Hola mi querido hijo! - Hola, mi querida madre!
So, questions for you!: - Fire away.

How was your week? - It was good! We've found a lot of new people to work with, and continue to make progress with Roxana and her boyfriend, Eladio. However, Jessica took a turn for the worse. Especially with finals right around the corner, actually trying to learn about God is not really a priority for her right now.

What are you and your new companion doing for fun? - We talk, mostly. We also enjoy card games together and just sort of nerding out. It's fun :-)

Has your exercise routine changed with every companion? What is it now? - It changes, yes. With Elder Shoemaker, I lifted weights quite often. However, he took them with him. Now I do sit-ups, jumping jacks, sit-ups, and things like that.

What are your biggest goals for finishing your mission strong? - I want to be 5 minutes early to everything, including personal schedule items. That also pretty much covers the rest. I just want to be the best I can, help others as much as I can in the time that I have left, and bless my companion(s).

Anything funny to share? - I'm honestly not sure. There's not really anything specific I can think of.

What are you looking forward to in the next few weeks/month? - I'm looking forward to getting smartphones in about 1.5 months. I'm also looking forward to just working and doing all I can to improve.

Looking back, what has been your favorite area in your mission? - I've got 3, and I can't decide. Probably Othello, then Moses Lake and Toppenish come to be close seconds. I loved Wenatchee and The Dalles, but missionary work-wise, they were harder compared to the  aforementioned "favorites". However, I wouldn't trade my time in those areas for anything.

Anything else I should ask? - I'm not sure.

I love you and hope you'll be able to look back on the coming week as one of the best ever. - I do, too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment