Friday, March 16, 2018

Week 92: In which Roxana returns, Jessica progresses, and I dispense wisdom


A Very Busy Week...
Written 26 Feb 2018

Hello, everyone! It has been a very... interesting... week. In some ways, a lot of things happened. In other ways, not a lot at all happened. Let's start with the more difficult part...

At the very beginning of the week, I decided it would be a good idea to try to get my medication. I handed in the prescription on Monday, and then opted to come pick it up the next day. Tuesday, I went back to Wal Mart to pick up my prescription, but it wasn't ready. They needed permission from my doctor to substitute the name brand for the generic, which is all they carry. We then came back the next day to get it, and they told me that they couldn't actually substitute it because it was just different enough that they needed the doctor to write up a new prescription, so I went in on Thursday for a doctor appointment, went to Wal Mart later that day to drop off the new prescription, picked up one of them Friday and got the other prescription in, and finished off on Saturday by picking up the remaining medication.

Tuesday we had a District Meeting, and we had interviews on Friday. During District Meeting, we talked about the Book of Mormon and how it can strengthen our faith.

Still, despite the craziness, it has been a good week, especially towards the end! Not only did we find Roxana again, but she came to church, and the situation with her boyfriend might be resolving itself a lot sooner than we were thinking; she told her boyfriend that she would leave him if he didn't want to get serious about listening to us, going to church, and being baptized! She even said "It's not going to work if you keep being half-hearted about the missionaries and their message, because I'm going to be serious, and I'm going to get baptized." That made us pretty happy, as you can imagine.

Jessica is also doing really well! She has determined to start coming regularly to church, so we're really excited to work with her on that. We've also been teaching her more, and she has been making really good, steady, progress.

Also, a few weeks ago, a local high councilor here in Moses Lake came and spoke in the branch. He mentioned in his talk that he joined the church in Littleton, MA, which made me audibly gasp/exclaim during the middle of his talk. What made it more interesting is that I was translating.

He also happened to serve in the Lowell Branch a long, long, time ago. He worked with you, Dad, while you were the Branch President. His name is Bro. Dennis Draleau. He remembers you. 

Anyway, thought that was interesting.

Love you all!

Elder Adams

Questions from Editor Mom

Tell us about your week! - It was decent. I will pretty much tell you everything [above].

How was your birthday? - It was awesome! I love everything, thank you so much!

What did you talk to President Lewis about? - I mainly talked with him about the area and the district. It was great! 

What have you done to get to know your companion? Are you finding ways to have fun? - Elder Kopp and I talk a lot, and we get along really well. He's like a mix between Elder West and me. We have so much fun, doing just about everything! We played some card games today already, and we're looking forward to a fun rest of the day. 

What do you hope to remember about the past week? - We found Roxana again, and she came to church! Also, Jessica has continued to do better and better!

Anything funny? - Well, I'm going to have an android smartphone!... for the last 2 weeks of my mission! Yay! Haha.

Love you to the moon and back and...🙂 - Igualmente!

Pictures




Sis. Lewis asked each missionary for their advice to new missionaries.
Elder Adams:  Study Preach My Gospel and the Book of Mormon as faithfully as you can.  Simply do what God asks and know He will make it all work out in the end.  ALWAYS, ALWAYS follow the promptings; don’t second-guess yourself and God.


No comments:

Post a Comment