Friday, March 9, 2018

Week 91: In which I lose Shoemaker, we lose Roxana, and Jessica loses a migraine


Letter

(written 19 Feb 2018)

Hello, everyone!

This has been an eventful week, for sure. Transfers have brought a lot of change to the district, and I personally feel it has shaken things up and made it new enough that it's like a new beginning for us all. Elder Kopp is wonderful! He's a great, dedicated, sensible missionary. He is very determined to do the best he can in whatever given circumstance. He keeps me in line. :-) Seriously, he has an amazing drive, and I hope the two of us can do all we can to work in unity and charity as we continue in this great work. We've already seen miracles, for sure. 

Sadly, Roxana has fallen off the face of the earth. We haven't seen her for a week and a half. We're not sure what to do to find her. We're working on it, though!

Jessica, on the other hand, is amazing! She has really begun getting serious about learning the Gospel again. It's pretty amazing! We gave her a blessing this last Friday for a migraine, and it was totally amazing! She felt completely better again in just a few hours. She has even begun dropping hints that she is seriously considering baptism again. It's really exciting! 

Elder Kopp and I are getting along really, really, well! He was trained by Elder Hibbard, who was trained by Elder West! Yay! Also, he just came from starting his mission in the same area where I started my mission: Mission Ridge in Wenatchee (Spanish)! It's so amazing that things turned out that way.

We've also started trying to use the Book of Mormon more in our encounters, and we've found a bunch more people who are really interested! It's fantastic! Seriously, even though we're worried that we haven't been able to find Roxana for a while, other people are popping out of the woodwork. It's going to be quite the ride!

Love you all!

Elder Adams

Questions from Editor Mom


I hope you've had a good week. How has it been? How were transfers? How much did they impact your district? - This week has been hecka-dope. Jessica has made some really good progress, and it's really exciting! During transfers, it was really hard to say goodbye to so many amazing people, but we've gotten some amazing people in return! That's usually how it goes. Elder Kopp is great. Our apartment got changed a lot, though, since Elder Larkin also left. Now it's Elder Miwa, Elder Heaps, Elder Kopp, and me. Our district also got changed up a little; besides Elder Shoemaker being replaced by Elder Kopp, 

How much have you learned about Elder Kopp? Has he told you he wants to learn to play the piano? - I've learned a little, but not a ton yet. He mentioned he wanted to learn some stuff about music, and may have mentioned the piano, but he wasn't incredibly specific.

Do you have any personal goals? - Yes, and for simplicity's sake, I will list ALL our goals:

1. Read the Book of Mormon every day, even when I don't have study time planned in.
2. 5 minutes early to 2 minutes late (MAX) to everything we have.
3. Continue trying to do #FEEDtheFIFTY
4. Brush teeth first thing in the morning (to help me wake up) and first thing when we get back to the apartment every night (so I don't put it off until really late and ALSO am discouraged from eating at night).
5. Drink a bottle (or cup of roughly equivalent size) of water before every meal.
6. Follow our own personal Companionship Study Plan.

And maybe more, but I'm not sure.

I love you more than I can say, and I hope you have a happy birthday this week! - I love you too, and also hope I have a happy birthday :-)

Love you!

Elder Adams


Pictures

Elder Larkin gave me a tie and signed it:

Some of us after singing at a retirement home for service.



Elder Shoemaker and I, right before he left:


Elder Larkin and I, right before he left:  




No comments:

Post a Comment