Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Week 86: In which I am attacked by a dish, I illuminate a belly, and we find Alvaro

A Hole 'Nother Week!

(written 15 Jan 2018)

Well, this week was pretty great. Nothing happened, though, unless you count all the things I'm about to tell you about. First of all, on Monday, we had a great lesson with Luis and Brianda. They are so amazing, and show a lot of promise! I'm so excited to work with them.

There's not a lot of time again this week, but I wanted to tell you about 2 things that happened. They both had to do with holes. The first one involves my finger. I didn't know dishes did this so easily, but I was simply washing the dishes. As I was washing a plate with one of those handy little dish-wands, the plate spontaneously decided to break in half on me! It was out of nowhere! I thought to myself, "broken dishes can cut you. I wonder if it cut me." I didn't feel anything, but I decided to look just in case. Lo and behold, there was a chunk of flesh that had been gouged out of my right pinky finger! Nooooo! I ended up having to steal a lot of elder Shoemaker's band-aids.

The other story is quite gruesome, actually. Long story short, there was a man who needed help shining a flashlight on a deep, awful wound of his while his wife stuffed gauze in his wound with a Q-tip. He had previously had surgery that went a little wrong, and was left with a gaping 3-inch or so hole in his stomach. The things you see as a missionary! Sometimes, you wish you hadn't seen them afterward.

It's been a pretty good week. We also found a great guy named Alvaro, who is interested in having us come back and share more with his family! For sure, great things are happening here in the Prophet's Puddle. It's a happening place!

Love,

Elder Adams
 
 

Questions from Editor Mom

 
How was your week? - It was great! We had a pretty normal week.

What are you learning in your scripture studies? - I have been studying in the Book of Mormon about the Godhead, and the different voices in the Book of Mormon. I'm currently in Helaman 7 or so. I also daily study a different topic in Preach My Gospel.

What’s the best thing that happened this week? - We found a great new investigator named Alvaro! We're excited to teach him.

What are you doing to keep your morale up? - I am generally just trying to look at the positive and do all I can to be the best I can. That usually helps :-)
 

Pictures

Elder Larkin, with Elder Miwa lurking behind him
 
Elder Shoemaker the Great
 
Elder Memmott, with Elder Ball in the background 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment