Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Week 102: In which Roxana is baptized, I recognize a good storyline, and I board the plane home.

Lift Off

Dearest family and friends,

Today is the last time I will write you as a full-time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. It has been a really crazy adventure! I can't even begin to share all of the things I have learned and experienced in these last two amazing, spiritual, and joyful years. Instead, I'm just going to tell you in person when I see you. :-)

First of all, the highlight of our week was Roxana's baptism and confirmation. It was a really, really, special experience. The spirit was very strong, and she will continue to grow and learn in this marvelous Gospel. For me, Saturday was a sacred day for many reasons. One was Roxana's baptism, but other things that day just proved to me beyond any reasonable doubt how much God is aware of me personally. It was, on the whole, a very sacred experience. To be really honest, I couldn't ask for a better way to end my mission. It is all just too much of a storybook ending.

Seriously, I feel like I'm basically walking into the sunset. It's pretty crazy. Everything just happened in the best way possible. For those who know me, you know that I am pretty much obsessed with a good storyline. I like things to have a good beginning, middle, and end. I love stories. With this last little bit of my mission over, it has made everything else click into place. It truly makes my entire mission a complete story. It really makes me happy.

Regarding the changes I'm about to face personally, I feel like I am about to be decked in the face by a metaphorical champion boxer. Still, change happens, and we must move on. I just pray that I can follow the admonition of Alma and remember what the Lord has done for me.

I know that a lot is about to change as I move on to a new phase in life. However, some things will never change. God will never change. He is Endless and Eternal. His love for us will never change. The Gospel will never change. The truth will never change. I know that this is God's work, and He is intimately involved in the day-to-day interactions we have. He is at the helm. The fulness of Christ's Gospel truly was restored through a young farmboy in upstate New York. It is true. I know it. I know that Christ will always be there for me. He has got my back! As Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me." I know that is true. We CAN do all things, but ONLY through Christ, because He strengthens us. It's not a matter of believing in ourselves, but in believing that Christ can do it, and that He can help and strengthen us to be able to do it.

I know that repentance is real, and that the Gospel of Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End is really what can bring a true change of heart and desires in us.

It is true. I know it.

Con mucho cariño,

Elder Benjamin Adams

Pictures

 A random member ran into Ben & his companion at the laundromat on his last day.

Sis. Lewis (the "mission mom") posted many pictures of the departing group at the mission home as they prepared to leave.






They have a tradition of measuring all departing missionaries' heights on the garage wall.





They have a tradition of playing a game called "rhythm sticks" with the departing missionaries.



Sis. Lewis snapped this picture of the departing group as they were going through security in the Yakima airport.



Excerpts from Ben's Facebook Posts


April 30
I don't have a lot of time left... Better make this week the best yet, right?

May 1
"We seek for truth wherever we might find it." - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Woah... I didn't realize I was literally quoting an Apostle every time I have said this on my mission, and there have been many times.

May 3
As a missionary, I have had the privilege of seeing people wonderfully change as they more fully live live the teachings of Christ. It's truly amazing!

May 4
I am excited to announce that Roxana Rodriguez will be baptized tomorrow, May 5th, at 7:00! She has made many changes in her life and has huge desires to follow Jesus Christ. She is very exited to enter into this covenant with God. Anyone is invited to come!

Posted to Ben's feed on May 6

1 comment:


  1. In Bless Unleashed, players had better prepare some Bless Unleashed Star Seeds to enhance their strength in order to easily defeat the enemy.

    Attached link: https://www.iggm.com/bless-unleashed-star-seeds

    ReplyDelete